[Sugar-devel] testing OS860 - Activity Radio

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Sun Jan 16 22:30:36 EST 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 11:04:52AM -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
> Hi Translating Kevin message..in case somebody know the cause of this problem.
>
> ..I made other test with radio-4.xo
> but it seems that i cannot reproduce kid's songs that are
> in mp3 format on their usb keys.
> In last version CeybalRadio-3.xo  could reproduce mp3.
> attached activity logs.
As a somewhat tangential question:
I recall using a version of CeibalJam and noted it had support for various file
formats that in the US might be considered non-free like mp3. This was possible
because it included a static version of mplayer. Does this program use the same
approach and might it include support for non-free formats (for the US)?
I assume it might affect the ability to host such things on sugarlabs.org?
-K
--
|  .''`.  == Debian GNU/Linux ==.| http://kevix.myopenid.com......|
| : :' :     The Universal OS....| mysite.verizon.net/kevin.mark/.|