[Sugar-devel] TurtleBlocks driving lego NXT 2.0 -

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 11:51:33 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is up to whatever gets coded as the device detection algorithm.
> My strategy is to move that decision out from tawindow.py where it
> currently sits.

Perhaps, but in any case, it should be consistent across external
devices that trigger new/different blocks.

> That is a good question. Because presumably this is a shared resource
> and kids might want to hack on their projects without the device.

Exactly my thoughts.

>>  - if a file using NXT/Arduino/other extension is opened?
>
> Not sure what you mean here.

What happens when I open a file with NXT/Arduino/other blocks? I've
never connected to the device on my XO.

> I presume we will include all the necessary libraries in the bundle.

Some elements we cannot put in the bundle -- for example, see my
suggestion to Emiliano to depend on the nxt_python rpm, because it
installs a /etc/udev/rules.d/ file that is needed to get to the device
node.

One way or another, you do require that the underlying distro has bits of infra.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions