[Sugar-devel] Copyright notices

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 08:09:05 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:15 PM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>wrote:

> On 3 Jan 2011, at 02:43, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 13:22 +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> >
> >> Unfair to timezone challenged.  ;-}  Alternatively, describe who has to
> >> express their view on a consensus decision.  It's not clear to me.  I
> >> never know when a decision here has reached consensus.
> >
> > It seems that now you have to seek approval from either Silbe or Erikos
> > to get a patch in.
> >
> > We don't seem to have a UI dictator yet. Not even a committee. So my
> > hope is that, at this time, UI patches don't have to go through a
> > vaguely-defined Design Team for approval.
>
> Please, please, for the love of UI things you hold dear, no distracting
> splash screens, and no extra junk menus for the lawyers. If you want to know
> about copyright text, just go click View Source.

First, I don't think the menu on the Frame is particularly overcrowded,
although I am loath to overload the Stop button. But more to the point, I
think About is much more than extra junk for the lawyers. The license is
important as it tells the user that they can modify the code: most users
probably don't know that, But it is also a chance to provide additional
information about an activity, for example, a link to the activity home
page.

-walter

> --Gary
>

> > --