[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] insert image in Write

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 16:42:53 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
> a small design question regarding inserting an image in the Write document:
> it took me a while to figure out where the option is - it is currently
> placed under the table toolbar. However you can insert an image in the
> document or a table.
>
> Do you maybe have ideas for a better fit for that icon?
>
> Regards,
>   Simon

Yes,

The 'Eye' icon can be easily confused with the Record media activity.

It might be re-purposed generally for media controls, which would be a good
place for the image insert icon, and the view controls could be moved to the
activity sub-toolbar.

This also makes more room on the Browse main toolbar.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/Proposals/Toolbars

        --Fred