[Sugar-devel] mime types when moving files from journal to usb

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Feb 14 18:17:42 EST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 05:21:57PM -0500, Art Hunkins wrote:
> FWIW, I've experienced no problems simply copying my activities into
> the Activities directory (from a USB drive). cp -r does just fine.

If your activity does not register any mimetype, then it won't matter.

If your activity was already properly installed (with
sugar-install-bundle), then copying new source into Activities will not
be affected by this problem unless the new source registers a new
mimetype that the old source did not.

The OLPC OS Builder also unzips the .xo file into the Activities folder,
and this causes the same problem.  We're tracking this at OLPC as
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10427

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/