[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Reflect internet connectivity in the 'Network' frame icon

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 10:12:40 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> So what network affordances [1, 2] are we supposed to make discoverable? :)

Let's not get too academic. Reading back the thread:

 - can we reach the "internet"? (or it might be a controlled WAN)
 - can we reach an XS?

In both cases, ping + HEAD can work. Keep it simple, this is for a
simple, low cost (cognitive _and_ computer-resources wise) indicator.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions