[Sugar-devel] time for a design meeting?

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:26:21 EST 2011

Thanks. This is very helpful. I have a couple of additional topics:
one trivial and one that needs some discussion.

1. Trivial: as per #2592, there is an issue with size of the icons on
the Random view. When I introduced the spiral, I increased the maximum
icon size to Medium when there are few icons on the screen. Random
forces these icons to Standard size. So should Random change the size
of the icons? If so, to what size?

2. It is clear that we have some issues with invoking the hot corners
to invoke the Frame under certain conditions: touch, VMs where Sugar
is not run at full screen, and in situations where there is a flakey
touch screen. We've added F6 to remind this under some circumstances
(but it isn't always a help, e.g., on a tablet.) I propose expanding
the hot corner on the upper left to be the entire grid in that corner
-- big enough to hit with a finger or with a cursor that would
otherwise slide off the edge of the window.

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org