[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs Bug: 2485

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Thu Feb 3 15:27:32 EST 2011

Personally I don't think this would break a multi-line fancy name unless
the desired effect is to override the centering of every line.  How they
added the extra linefeeds in the middle would be another discussion and
point we need to know.

If we do want to support fancy names, etc., we are going to have to come
up with ways of testing them to make sure that the rest of the system
tolerates them.  Names do not always appear alone.

In general for non-fancy users, I believe we should try and trim
whitespace around names, journal entries, etc. because most users likely
did not mean to add it there .  While one could make fancy names, and
add leading whitespace to filenames to override sorting as well, this
actually does violate at least a few file system specs, regardless of
what shell prompts seem to tolerate.