[Sugar-devel] workflow for editing a broken activity

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Dec 31 12:34:05 EST 2011

I am looking at Living Pointillism, an activity written back in the G1G1 era.

http://eclecti.cc/olpc/pointillism-the-it-works-this-time-edition

It does not run under OLPC's 11.3.0 build on XO-1 or 1.5 . I get a
"failed to start" message, but I cannot figure out a way to edit the
activity in Pippy. View Source doesn't happen because the activity
doesn't start. Pippy won't import the code because it is packaged as
.xo

Workflow wise, it should be something I should be able to do from the
Journal with a "open with" Pippy option.

Ideas? Solutions? Quick! I don't have all year to wait ;-)

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.