[Sugar-devel] New genealogic activity for Sugar

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:13:22 EST 2011

2011/12/29 Lionel Laské <lionel at olpc-france.org>:

> I’m proud to announce the release of the beta version of my first Sugar
> activity : “Roots”.

>                http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4521>

> This activity is experimental so I’m very interested to have your feedbacks,
> suggestions or… just bugs :-)

Lionel,

Family tree construction is a fairly common project in some school
settings (along with other family history projects, e.g. interview
your grandparents about what life was like when they were your age,
etc.) so I think that this is a wonderful idea for a Sugar Activity.
I may take a shot at entering my own family geneology (which has been
traced back to the mid-1600's on my mother's side.) as a test case :-)

One small note about the upload to ASLO, I think something was not
configured correctly.  The link you give shows what appears to be an
activity named "1" (the version number) although it is clearly your
actitvity but the name "Roots" does not appear in the activity name
field and it is not searchable.  Perhaps an ASLO admin can correct
this so that your activity is properly discoverable on ASLO

As you seek to refine Roots in later versions, I would very much
appreciate it if you would consider working on internationalization
(i18n) with gettext so that we can host the PO file in Pootle with
other 'Honey" activities for localization (L10n) into some of the
130-or-so languages that we host..

Warmest Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator