[Sugar-devel] sugar-toolkit-gtk3 patches

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Dec 8 16:11:58 EST 2011

On 05/12/11 20:24, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Hi Simon et al.,

Hi Sascha,

thanks for the update!

> sugar-toolkit-gtk3 is starting to get into shape (branch
> silbe-rework-20111205). Remaining issues:
[...]
> 7. 8a4e452: Add wrapper for rsvg, c7d3870: Use rsvg wrapper while rsvg
>     gains introspection support (Raul Gutierrez Segales)
>
>     AIUI rsvg is introspectable now, so we can drop these patches? Is
>     there some other patch we need instead (to adapt to rsvg API
>     changes)?

I have been looking into this. So it is true that librsvg2 2.35 has
introspection support, it just hit Fedora 17 [1]. I tested in Peter's
latest F17 builds [2] and it works fine.

So far so good. I wonder if we should remove the patch for now, as many
of us are still running F16. And including librsvg2 in jhbuild is a bit
more tricky as it depends on the latest libpng which...

The core team should maybe work on F17 anyhow, but we might want to keep
the patch for a while. Other ideas welcome.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=275871
[2] http://build.laptop.org/12.1.0/os2/