[Sugar-devel] The stacktrace for the Pippy camera example error

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 6 18:51:02 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 02:37:55PM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Thanks, so next time i'll use this way to send you stacktraces.
>
> I've just created a screen capture in the journal this way, but I
> can't find it on the host system

That is one of the downsides of the Journal implementation.  Use Journal
to copy to Documents.  Much easier than using USB drive.

> And you will be surprised, or not : the first time I launched camera
> example today, I saw a capture by webcam ... but the other times :
> still the same stacktrace error.

This may be an important discovery, thanks.  It is as if the additional
work of reading the necessary programs from disk is sufficient to make
the example work.

The example starts the capture, then starts pygame, then after one
second it stops the capture.

Try increasing the delay from one second to five.  See if that fixes it.

The example is probably not capturing the image in a correct fashion.
Perhaps the example should be removed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/