[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

Aleksey Lim alsroot at activitycentral.org
Tue Dec 6 15:32:54 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 01:04:18AM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Ok, that answer make really sense to me : particularly the distro changing
> avoidment ^^
> I'll make all tests you want me too, if it can help to find what is wrong.
> (I've saved my system in a ghost image on last morning ^^)

Since I can help only w/ Sweets (and can't w/ native packages)..

Are you still on Ubuntu-11.04?
If yes, the `sweets -S sdk/sugar:emulator` should work
and I even can run Pippy w/o errors (though, I can't test camers
example).

For setup.py command, you need to upgrade your sweets to 1.0.5
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Guide/Sweets_Usage#Upgrade

and use these installations
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Platform_Team/Guide/Sweets_Packaging#Developing_activities

--