[Sugar-devel] Sugar as a Green Design Pattern (James Cameron)

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Tue Dec 6 08:15:22 EST 2011

>> In my mind, it is mostly nothing about Sugar [learning environment],
>> but about OLPC's efforts of creating XO laptops. Moreover, Sugar
>> [learning environment] might be considered as a bad example for Green
>> Design Patterns, because is not all time efficient in case of computer's
>> resources consumption :).
>
> I agree.  I don't see how Sugar could be considered Green.

This last sentence is very disturbing for me :-(

By the way, I've just read an old page on the OLPC Wiki about power
management on the XO (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Power_management).
Now I understand that what I'm called "Green optimization" don't come from
the software (Sugar) but from the hardware/firmware on the XO.
So, okay it make sense for me that Sugar is not the key point to talk about
Green Pattern.

Thanks James and Alkesey for your answers.

	Lionel.