[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 18:10:25 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:55:44PM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Ok, Thanks. As James Simons advised me, I uninstalled Sweet
> distribution from my linux system.

You could install it again.  Use what works for you.

> I would like to make the standard sugar emulator (this wich is given by
> Canonical) to work with Pippy, and to work with activities setup.py

But what Canonical ship with Ubuntu is not standard Sugar, because of
problems like Pippy examples.

I think you can develop with either Ubuntu, or with Ubuntu and Sweets,
you just have to understand why you are seeing different results.

I like Aleksey's recommendation to use "sweets dist_xo".

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/