[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 17:10:02 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 09:00:40PM +0100, laurent bernabe wrote:
> Unfortunately, I can't launch setup.py from the host system terminal
> => no module called sugar.activity
>
> And that error disappear if I launch setup.py from the sugar emulator

This means that the shell environment is different.  You may capture the
shell environment in each case and compare them ...

... in host system terminal

	env | sort > /tmp/host

... in sugar emulator terminal

	env | sort > /tmp/emulator

then compare

	diff -u /tmp/host /tmp/emulator

It seems likely that the emulator environment has what you need.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/