[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:33:12 EST 2011

Thank you,

You're right, I just want to develop activities, not hacking Sugar (at
least, not right now, as I am just starting).

My current Linux system is Xubuntu :

   - First, I had tried the sugar-emulator provided by Canonical => I did
   not find which package to install in order to have the sugar python modules
   - Many Pippy examples does not work with the Canonical package, whereas
   I managed with Sweet

But I'll uninstall sweet right now, and try to find the missing package in
order to be able to use the sugar-emulator on the one hand, and use most
Pippy examples on the other hand.

And I will read again the chapter explaining the environement setup more
accurately.