[Sugar-devel] [Sugar emulator][Ubuntu 11.04] I can't install an activity (with the setup.py)

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:28:15 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

I am following the ActivitiesGuideSugar pdf from august 2010.

   - I've fetched tutorial source code for etext activity (chapter 5 :
   inheriting from Activity.activity)
   - I've modified, carefully i think, the svg picture with Inkscape and
   edited the xml structure
   - I installed the Sugar Sweets distribution

But when I try to setup the activity from the emulator terminal, I get an
error saying that there is no module called sugar.activity
(the line in fault : "from sugar.activity import bundlebuilder".

Have I forgotten an important step in my sugar environment ?

Regards