[Sugar-devel] Sugar as a Green Design Pattern

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Mon Dec 5 10:19:44 EST 2011

(sorry for cross posting, not sure that Support-gang was the best place, hope to have more luck here :-)

Hi all,

A friend of mine works on a book on Green Design Patterns: It means how a good software design could help to reduce the carbon footprint of a computer.

In my opinion, Sugar is a good sample of that: the goal of reducing power consummation was include from the beginning to the design of the OS.

So, I proposed to my friend to write a 2 pages contribution to the book. It could be a good way to talk to the OLPC project in a different approach.

What do you think ?

Do you have some links, story or anecdote that can help me to write on this subject ?

Thank in advance.

Best regards from France.

                Lionel.