[Sugar-devel] Cannot run Pippy examples in Ubuntu Sugar emulator version

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Dec 2 19:16:02 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM, laurent bernabe
<laurent.bernabe at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've got the Ubuntu Oneric Ocelot, and I've installed Sugar emulator
> (0.88) and pippy activity (37). Unfortunately, most of the examples does
> not work (those which import pippy package) : "No module named pippy".
>

>    - I've read on the net that it should be a licensing issue, but how
>    can fix it ?

No idea about the ubuntu issue.

>    - By the way, is there a way to publish activities created with pippy
>    or must I necessarily have an ide with python binding and packaging the
>    activity by hand ?

What version of Pippy are you using? The last versions have a functionality
(right button in the keep button in the olders, a button in the activity
subtoolbar  in the last) to create one activity.

Packaging a activity is very easy, and in "Make your own Sugar activities"
you have a lot of info.
Another good source is http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Team

Gonzalo