[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] [DESIGN] Semantic Web

Christophe Guéret c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl
Fri Dec 2 13:33:06 EST 2011

On 2 December 2011 15:28, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/12/2 Christophe Guéret <c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl>
>

>>   Nice!
>>>
>> Thanks :)
>>
>>  I'd recommend moving the git repository to git.sugarlabs.org to
>>> facilitate collaboration with other Sugar developers.
>>>
>> Done! Everything is now in http://git.sugarlabs.org/semanticxo/main
>>
>> There are four directories:
>> common => Code to compile the triple store and main API to dialog with it
>> datastore => Re-designed Journal datastore making use of the triple store
>> to store meta data
>>

> Quick question: is the migration to the new datastore reversible? In other
> words, if I try testing this, do I have any way to revert?

Yes for the reversibility, no for the content being shipped between the two
versions.
The new datastore replace the old one but don't erase its content. If you
use the script "patch_my_xo" (in common) to install the stuff you won't
have access to the entries currently in the Journal. If you create new
entries but then return to the standard Journal, you'll loose these new
entries but retrieve the previous ones.
This script "patch_my_xo" comes with two options, install and uninstall, to
patch (very brutally) the XO with SemanticXO stuff and revert it to its
original state.

Christophe