[Sugar-devel] bug with: "sugar-install-bundle to accept multiple files"

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 25 18:06:25 EDT 2011

That patch certainly won't work in that context, please revert it.

fileinput is for iterating over _lines_ from multiple files, not for
iterating over _names_ of multiple files.

Therefore the patch had changed sugar-install-bundle to expect the
bundle file names on stdin or as a list in a file.

Even if the interface change was acceptable, it would have required a
change to kspost.80.install_bundles.inc.

Looking back at the thread, Thomas proposed the idea, but never came
back with any followup.  Aleksey responded, but I admit I still don't
know what Aleksey meant.  I now doubt my contribution was useful.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/