[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Browse: move stop/reload button into the url entry

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Aug 25 06:28:41 EDT 2011

On 08/25/2011 01:51 AM, manuel quiñones wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> 2011/8/24 Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>:
>> Can someone help me adjusting the following three icons to another size?
>>
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-artwork/mainline/blobs/master/icons/scalable/actions/media-playback-stop.svg
>>
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-artwork/mainline/blobs/master/icons/scalable/actions/dialog-cancel.svg
>>
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-artwork/mainline/blobs/master/icons/scalable/actions/view-refresh.svg
>>
>> They should be like this one:
>>
>> http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-artwork/mainline/blobs/master/icons/scalable/actions/system-search.svg
>>
>> The reasoning is in the summary above.
>
> Please find them here:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v2/view-refresh.svg
> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v2/media-playback-stop.svg
> http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/v2/dialog-cancel.svg

Thanks Manuel for the icons!

I did slightly modify the view-refersh icon to get it to work on the entry.

Those are screenshots with the icon with a solid background:

http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/background_reload.png
http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/background_stop.png
http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/background_cancel.png

Here is an example with an icon with a transparent background:

http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/designs/no_background_reload.png

I could imagine here nicely the cancel icon just with the 'X' colored
(if I can get an icon like that to try it out would be nice).

Safari is using an icon without the circle, the latter option. I am not
yet sure which option I like better. The background one looks more like
a button. The no background one is more visually discreet.

What do others think? As always time is short and I would like to land
this asap because our url entry is way too small on an XO.

Regards,
    Simon