[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Tabs in Browse

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 17 07:51:56 EDT 2011

Hi Simon,

On 17 Aug 2011, at 10:20, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the current version of Browse tabs are enabled by default. The tabs in Browse has been an unfinished Feature which mainly was meant to fix the issue of a web page opening a new window (this was then opened in a new tab automatically).
>
> The latest Browse does add the functionality to let the user add tabs, the '+' button in the toolbar [browse-toolbar]. Having several tabs open looks like [browse-tabs]. A few things to say here: the close icon is not sugarized. The coloring of the tabs is not in a Sugar style and the text does not elipsize - hence the tabs can have different sizes (see Firefox for an example here).
>
> I would propose as well to do something similar as Firefox in the latest version: placing the 'add tab' button next to the latest tab [firefox-tabs]. This has the nice side effect of not introducing yet another icon in the toolbar.

Unless we show the tab bar at all times (i.e. when you only have one window open), how would a second tab ever be added (other than via a web page opening a new window)?

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. Perhaps we could land the sugarized scroll bar at the same time, if I remember we just didn't have a clean way to apply it the Mozilla theme. Pretty sure I spotted the tab visual theme in the same place.