[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Browse: move stop/reload button into the url entry

manuel quiñones manuel.por.aca at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:09:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/8/14 Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>:
> Hi Simon,
>
> On 13 Aug 2011, at 16:02, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Gary pointed out at one point that one could move the stop/reload button from the toolbar to the url entry similar to what Safari is doing.
>>
>> Attached is a screenshot of that. The button does have the same change behavior as before (changes to stop when loading the page, changes to reload when done, when clicking on the reload button - reload the page). The reload-button is graphically not as visible. Would be nice if a designer could have a look at this.
>>
>> Attached is as well a patch (against current Browse master as of today) to try it out.

Very good Simon! This makes the url entry larger and better looking.

> Oooh thanks for looking into this! I'll try and take a look at the patch myself, but from a designer point of view can the widget be enlarged a little and pushed further to the right edge of the end of the url entry widget (as if the rounded end were a complete circle and the icon placed at its centre)?

+1

I also think the icons look very small.  I played with the default
icons in Inkscape a bit, and found that removing the circle I can get
this:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/refresh_screenshot.png
http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/stop_screenshot.png

Vector graphics here:

http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/view-refresh-entry.svg
http://dev.laptop.org/~manuq/browse_design/media-playback-stop-entry.svg

But is better if we can enlarge the widget and keep the white circle.

--
.. manuq ..