[Sugar-devel] Introspection Hackfest 2011

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sat Aug 13 09:19:21 EDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 10:22 AM, simon at schampijer.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Introspection Hackfest [1] started today. For those of you who can not
> attend in person the official irc channel is #introspection on GIMPNet.
>

> Regards,
>     Simon
>
> [1] http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/Introspection2011

Over the last days we have been pushing some patches that remove/port
custom widgets and replaced a few hippo based implementations with
vanilla-gtk-based ones:

- Replace the hippo-based TimeoutIcon with one based on a gtk.Label and
gtk.Alignment

- Replace our custom entry widget with one based on gtk.Entry

- Use a standard gtk.Entry instead of the custom AddressEntry  from the
toolkit

- Toolbox: replace the hippo based separator with a gtk.HSeparator

- pending: Gonzalo's 'improve the startup animation' patch that does
remove the hippo dependency from the launcher as a nice side effect.

The plan is to make the toolkit hippo free, port the custom widgets over
and then port it to gtk3. As there have been several no-hippo branches
around I would suggest that parts that can be removed easily (e.g. the
intro screen in the shell) are submitted for review and then we can push
them to master as we go. This should make reviewing and landing easier
and give us the feeling of advancing on a steady basis.

Regards,
    Simon