[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Anyone up for a post Sugar Camp Hack Day?

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Fri Aug 12 05:07:53 EDT 2011

Dear all,

thanks Christoph for this great idea.

Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> writes:

> I think this is a great idea. I'm looking into the possibility of
> attending, but that weekend is a bit complicated with some university
> and moving commitments (Monday OTOH would be fine). I'd like to push
> PyGI/GTK3 porting as the main activity of such a hack day...
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/GTK3

That'd fits the purpose of the SugarCamp perfectly and if it
can drag and drap Daniel here in Paris, even better :)

We *do* have several spaces available, for small (~10) and
larger (~30) groups of people who want to work closely together.

I cannot promise anything for a space on monday, but I will
try to find a location -- stay tuned.

> Please keep me informed on accommodation as well.

What would be a reasonable average budget for attendees ?

I think I can find something for ~60€ per night per person
for 10-15 persons.  If at least 10 persons confirm this is
within their budget before sunday eve, I can try to find a
hotel.

Otherwise, I suggest agreeing on finding locations not far
from Gare du Nord:

  http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=gare+du+nord+paris&hl=en&cid=14493091528920011811

Let me know how I can help further, best,

--
 Bastien