[Sugar-devel] Moving to GTK3 and GObject Introspection

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Tue Aug 9 03:11:09 EDT 2011

Sorry, I haven't read *all* of the linked documents, but...

Congrats on getting a minimal GTK3 port running so quickly!  That's
very impressive.

I'd originally thought that refactoring the Sugar API into more
independent modules would be a necessary part of the effort, just to
be able to do a more incremental port.  I'd like to see that
refactoring happen, but I guess it's good that it's not on the
critical path?

It seems like you ought to be able to port sugar-the-window-manager
and sugar-the-library-used-by-activities separately, and run gtk2
activities under gtk3 window manager and vice-versa.  But maybe
maintaining that compatibility is just more trouble than it's worth.
  --scott

--
      ( http://cscott.net )