[Sugar-devel] New Sugar Commander for review, creates Journal entry

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Aug 7 18:52:41 EDT 2011

> I updated Sugar Commander this morning.  You can find the new version at:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8919415/SugarCommander-8.xo
>
> I put the Description entry in the Journal entry file and give the entry a
> MIME of text/plain.

Thanks James

Tested OK on 0.84, 0.88 and 0.92

I think that being able to resume the journal entry with Write is good. Any opportunity for kids to experiment is a learning opportunity. Kids can use computers in unexpected ways and learn while doing it.

That could include for example, 'sending to friend' the journal entry or doing a statistical or graphical analysis of activity.

It might be good if the description and journal entry included timestamps.

I caused myself a bit of confusion, editing the journal entry with write, till I realised that Commander overwrites the journal entry with the description. Confusion is good, its learning.

Tony

PS It would be fun if you could export the Journal as a text file.