[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Fw: Re: #3013 UNSP: toolbar error

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Aug 5 05:29:39 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:49 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> In ActivityToolbar.__init__() the references to self.title are protected
> by a check for activity.metadata.
>
> In __stop_clicked_cb(), the newly added references to self.title are not
> protected in the same way.

I looked at this too, and even though the checks are inconsistent,
they look like they should work.

__stop_clicked_cb() checks that _focus_out_hid is not None, and the
only place this gets set is if that earlier check for
activity.metadata passes.

To put it another way, self._focus_out_hid is a signal handler
connected to self.title. How can it be set to something if self.title
doesn't exist?

(That's why I wrote my earlier response to this thread where I
question if the code that removes the title entry has really been
included in this discussion.)

What am I missing?

Daniel