[Sugar-devel] Stateless activties (was Re: Fw: #3013 UNSP: toolbar error)

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:23:34 EDT 2011

I am in favor of supporting stateless Activities.  There are too many good
use cases for them to not support having them.  The Log Activity is a good
example.  There is no much point in having a Journal entry for Log.  Old
Journal entries do not point to old logs.  (If they did there might be some
point to having them, I suppose).  Games might do better to save state
information in the data directory rather than create a Journal entry, if the
state is nothing more than high scores.

The parameter in the __init__() method looks like it has been there from the
beginning of Sugar.

I don't mind changing the book if that is what needs to be done, but I think
the trick documented in the book is worth preserving.

James Simmons