[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] ANNOUNCE: Moving Sugar to GPLv3+

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Mon Apr 25 02:33:58 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 02:00 -0400, David Farning wrote:
> 'Premature optimization is the root of all evil' -- Donald Knuth
>
> The question is: Of the tasks Sugar Labs can do to improve the educational
> valued of Sugar and collaboration within the ecosystem is tweaking the
> license among the critical tasks?

What are the critical tasks we should be working on and why couldn't we
work on them in parallel with the license update?

The argument that updating the license would cost us too much time has
already been made... three times. If we'd stop making the same argument
over and over, we'd save *plenty* of time! :-)

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team