[Sugar-devel] [OLPC-AU] Browse problems - alternatives?

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Tue Apr 19 08:41:06 EDT 2011

The tabs does not work with old cairo versions.
I have tested with cairo in F14 and is working, but Browse does not enable
it.
See webactivity.py:

        # HACK
        # Currently, the multiple tabs feature crashes the Browse activity
        # on cairo versions 1.8.10 or later. The exact cause for this
        # isn't exactly known. Thus, disable the multiple tabs feature
        # if we come across cairo versions >= 1.08.10
        # More information can be found here:
        # [1]
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-July/025187.html
        self._disable_multiple_tabs = cairo.cairo_version() >= 10810
        if self._disable_multiple_tabs:
            logging.warning('Not enabling the multiple tabs feature due'
                ' to a bug in cairo/mozilla')

In Fedora 14:
[gonzalo at nautilus browse]$ python
>>> import cairo