[Sugar-devel] New Dextrose-2 build os508dx

Anish Mangal anish at activitycentral.org
Fri Apr 1 15:20:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

This mail is a notification of the international release for
Dextrose-2 non-gnome builds for the XO-1 and XO-1.5 laptops.

Among new additions to this release is the automatic crash reporting
and manual feedback feature. Users can click the 'submit a report'
icon in the frame and submit feedback reports which will be visible to
the dextrose team. Feedback submits will not include any personal
information such as user's nick and laptop serial number. This release
also includes nearly complete Spanish translations for many new
components added recently to the build. On the server side, we have
setup yum testing repositories, and a feedback daemon service to
accept all submitted reports and the capability to parse these
feedback submits and send it to a mailing list.

Thanks to extensive testing, many interesting bugs were reported and
fixed in this development cycle. The current list of bugs and
enhancement requests (including closed tickets) is here [1]. To enable
us to effectively track and fix bug reports, please add 'dx2' to the
keywords list and '[dx2]' to the title when opening a ticket [2].

In an effort to make it easier for users to know about and use the new
enhancements, a few single page documents have been created
[3][4][5][6]. We hope to keep adding such documents in the future, the
links for which will be available in the wiki [7].

The non-gnome builds can be downloaded from here [8][9]. I can
generate the gnome versions if requested (and really needed).

==Delta over os439dx==

===Feature Updates and Additions===
* Automatic yum based updater (alsroot, m_anish)
* Notification system.(tch)
* Feedback reporting with daemon for server (alsroot, tch, mukesh_dce)
* 3G network sharing (tch)
* 3G connection providers DB support (aa, tch)
* Updated activity list (m_anish, dirakx)
* Backported fixes from current 0.90/2 (alsroot)
* Nearly complete spanish translations (scs, car|0s, tch)
* Lease info display in About my computer section of Control Panel
(Mohit Nagpal, m_anish)
* Lots of bugfixes :-) (tch, alsroot, dirakx)

===New Activities===
FlipSticks-8
Moon-11
Poll-27
Ruler-7
Spirolaterals-20
TetrisMat-1
TurtleMachine-11

===Removed Activities===
Analyze-8
Edit-8
Finance-3
GetIABooks-6
InfoSlicer-8
TamTamSynthLab-53
TamTamEdit-53
TamTamJam-54
xoEditor-2

===Updated Activities===
Browse-116
Calculate/Calculadora-36
Chat-70
Distance-22
FotoToon-6
ImageViewer-17
IRC-9
Log-24
Maze-9
Paint-31
Pippy-40
Scratch-19
Speak-20
StopWatch-7
TurtleArt-106
VisualMatch-28
Words-7
Write-70 (Downgraded)

===New OS Packages===
dextrose-platform-2-2.fc11.noarch
ipython-0.9.1-3.fc11.noarch

==Updated OS Packages==
cairo-1.8.8-1.fc11.i586 (downgraded)
dextrose-updater-5-1.fc11.noarch
kernel-2.6.31_xo1-20110320.1409.1.olpc.3d8536c28d6c5a1.i586
kernel-firmware-2.6.31_xo1-20110320.1409.1.olpc.3d8536c28d6c5a1.i586
olpc-bootanim-2.12-8.dxo4.fc11.i586
olpc-kbdshim-17-1.fc11.i586
olpc-powerd-33-1.fc11.i586
olpc-powerd-dbus-33-1.fc11.i586
sugar-0.88.1-5.60dxo.fc11.noarch
sugar-artwork-0.88.1-1.12dxo.fc11.i586
sugar-base-0.88.0-2.fc11.i586
sugar-toolkit-0.88.1-4.16dxo.fc11.i586
xkeyboard-config-1.5-13.fc11.olpc.noarch

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=severity&keywords=~dx2
[2] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org
[3] http://people.sugarlabs.org/anish/3g_configuration.pdf
[4] http://people.sugarlabs.org/anish/3g_sharing.pdf
[5] http://people.sugarlabs.org/anish/feedback.pdf