[Sugar-devel] Replacing Illegal character ':' in username (SL #2152)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:38:04 EDT 2010

Hi Dipankar,

the XS will use the "serial number" provided by Sugar as the
'username'. The "nickname" is used to set the GECOS information.

Background info -- what's the GECOS? It's where you normally wrte your
"full name". So on my laptop, my username is 'martin', my GECOS is
"Martin Langhoff".

$ grep martin /etc/passwd
martin:x:1000:1000:Martin Langhoff,,,:/home/martin:/bin/bash

For the test process, I am asking that you

 - run the failing test case
 - monitor the XMLRPC traffic -- is the XMLRPC msg sent valid?
 - monitor the idmgr daemon for errors -- is idmgr complaining about anything?

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions