[Sugar-devel] Dextrose patch queue

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Sep 28 08:31:31 EDT 2010

On 09/28/2010 12:31 AM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On 09/28/10 00:31, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>> If you know more, please update the editable version here:
>>   http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose/TODO/Merge_Plan
>>
>> We currently carry a total of 102 patches. Of these, 46 have already
>> been upstreamed, 47 are still unreviewed, unsubmitted or rejected
>> and the remaining 9 have become obsolete or bitrotten for various
>> reasons.

What is the plan for landing the other patches? In general: I think we
should be careful to only land things in non master versions that are in
master already. Of course this is more work but will pay back later.

Btw, are the 0.88 patches not landed in the upstream branch yet [1]?

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/logs/sucrose-0.88

> A few months ago I offered to maintain the sucrose-0.88 branch with the
> intent was to backport the merged patches, release new tarballs and
> rebase Dextrose on them to reduce the delta from upstream. Then I
> realized that all this extra effort wouldn't buy us anything. As soon as
> 0.90 stabilizes, we could simply jump to it and drop all the upstreamed
> patches. Since sucrose-0.88 has no active users other than Dextrose,
> there's no point in maintaining it up to date.

Maybe you should ask if others are interested in the 0.88 branch. I do
know of dextrose so far. Of course we have the regular Fedora users and
Ubuntu ones?

Regards,
    Simon