[Sugar-devel] SL Bug #484: Successful file transfer: offer to open Journal and to open activity

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 28 04:39:13 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:28:19AM +0530, Mukul Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at Bug #484 relating to Successful File Transfer: Offer to
> open journal and to Open activity. I realised that 'Dismiss' button was
> added in Sugar 0.88
>
> I wish to ask you whether we have arrived at a conclusion on implementing
> the options "Show Journal" and "Open an activity >" as suggested by Eben.
> Didn't find it at the comments in the ticket.
>
> Moreover, I tried to reproduce the error but I fail to understand why there
> is no invitation to the user when a file is transferred to him.

Did you get any errors while transferring session on both sides?

> Further, how
> do we get to know whether the file has been transferred. Please clarify.

All file transferring related code is concentrated in
/src/jarabe/model/filetransfer.py file in sugar project, see how it is
being used in the rest sugar code. But you need to understand how
Telepathy[1] work at first.

[1] http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/

--
Aleksey