[Sugar-devel] 0.90 Exception: Activities list view and Journal view crashes in Arabic

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Sep 24 10:22:58 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 16:10, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 09/24/2010 10:06 AM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 18:06, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am asking for an exception for [1] 0.90. Originally discovered on 0.84
>>> this is also present on 0.90. The patch [2] has been reviewed by Sascha
>>> and Tomeu already and it is low risk. Otherwise Arabic will be unusable
>>> as this effects the Journal and the Activities list view.
>>
>> I think there should be a big FIXME comment with a reference to a
>> ticket in trac because it's a hack and because we really need to find
>> an appropriate fix in the near future.
>>
>> Also, we don't have plurals in any other place?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Tomeu
>
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/attachment/ticket/2354/0001-If-the-string-does-not-contain-a-conversion-specifie.patch
>
> The latest patch does add the comment.

Sorry, I was referring to a ticket about correctly translating strings
with plurals. If you want to use the same ticket, at least it should
be clear that it is about a proper solution and not just about the
crash. It also helps if it starts with FIXME.

> I will check if there are other plurals at other places - none I am aware of
> for now.

I have only found the activity updater.

Regards,

Tomeu