[Sugar-devel] Unicode and input method menu in gtk inputs

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Fri Sep 24 04:12:49 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 13:58, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> In all the gtk inputs we display in Sugar there are a menu when we the
> options "Cut, Copy,Paste,Select all" and the Input method and unicode menu
> menus.
> The last two menus are optional and by default not showed  in Gnome.
> You can use gconf to change the visibility of the menus
> Gconf settings
> /desktop/gnome/interface/show_unicode_menu
> /desktop/gnome/interface/show_input_method_menu
>
> I tried to change the values in gconf or in .gtkrc-2.0 or in
> /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc but Sugar ignores the settings.
> I have a simple pygtk test program with a entry. If I run it from the gnome
> terminal doesn't show the menus, if I run it from Sugar Terminal show the
> menus.
>
> Anybody knows if this is a bug in the theme engine or where I set the menus
> visibility?

Which gconf database and gtkrc file will be used is defined by the
environment on which Sugar is running.

To make sure you are modifying the Sugar GConf, run gconftool-2 or
gconf-editor from inside the terminal activity.

Sugar installs its own gtkrc files, called sugar-72.gtkrc or sugar-100.gtkrc.

Regards,

Tomeu