[Sugar-devel] Fwd: SL bug#630

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 12:28:51 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 09/20/2010 06:08 PM, David Farning wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>
>>  wrote:

>>> My complaint was more about the missing guidance in the subject and the
>>> mail
>>> itself. If one does want feedback I encourage submitters to make it as
>>> digestible as possible for readers. So I think it is better to draft the
>>> email again for the targeted audience instead of just forwarding the
>>> mail.
>>
>> In the days of yore, according to legend, there were redhat engineers
>> who refused to answer internal technical emails unless they were on a
>> public list.  It was a harsh but effective method of opening up the
>> organization:)  We will get there too.
>>
>> david
>
> Sure, as I said, just the format was hard to parse. By me screaming I hope
> you achieve to get there sooner :)

Thanks.  As we are seeing Sugar development has a steep learning
curve.... And I am faced with the choice of hiring existing Sugar/OLPC
developers or helping new developers become Sugar.  I am betting the
even though it is temporally less cost effective, the long
sustainability of the ecosystems depends on introducing new
developers.  But never fear.... we hire mentors, project managers, and
'on deployment' developers from the existing community  whenever
possible.

david