[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Policy for activities for downstream inclusion

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Sep 20 06:45:28 EDT 2010

On 09/15/2010 04:27 PM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Wed Sep 15 12:33:30 +0200 2010:
>
>>> Personally I'm moving to the point where if there's not a tarball I
>>> won't spend my time packaging it.
>>
>> Yes, I think the effort for uploading a bundle that can be easily
>> generated with the tools in sugar is not asked to much to have the
>> activity then packaged in a distribution.
>
> Do you expect only developers of activities in Fructose to follow that
> process (documented on the Development Team/Release [1] page on the
> wiki) or others as well?

Ideally all of them, as (a) there are not many activities in Fructose
and (b) concluding from this thread that the packagers would be happy
about it.

> If the latter, we should start by documenting this requirement. I couldn't
> find any place in the wiki (that could do with some spring cleaning, BTW)
> explaining how to get your activity published at all, let alone how to
> please packagers.

Absolutely, that should be documented. I leave this to the activity
maintainers and packagers to define that policy and adding a wiki page
for it - as those are the ones that need to follow it and request it. If
those people agree that this is what should be done they should make
this happen as an outcome of this thread. Personally I think it is worth it.

Regards,
    Simon