[Sugar-devel] a.sl.o as a central place for activities (was: Re: [SoaS] Policy for activities for downstream inclusion)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Wed Sep 15 06:02:32 EDT 2010

Excerpts from David Farning's message of Wed Sep 15 10:41:20 +0200 2010:

> I took Simon's comment earlier in the the thread that we shouldn't use
> git repos and instead us XO bundles as the weird part:(  To help
> understand the .deb work flow:
> 1. Select activities to include -- Use the Soas activities ( no need
> to reinvent that wheel) + a few requested activities.
> 2. Research activity -- Look up activity on ASLO to find latest
> release and 'Homepage.'
> 3. Find Tarball -- Poke around on
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/ for a recent tarball [...]

Ideally a.sl.o would be the central place to find out more about an
activity - including where to get the source code.
As an activity author, I've been missing ways to include links to:

1. The git repo (I've been abusing the Homepage field so far).
2. Release tarballs.
3. Browsing bugs AND filing new ones (as separate links). a.sl.o
   currently allows only a single "support" link with no way to adjust
   the text:

   Support for this activity is provided by the developer at <URL>

HTML isn't allowed anywhere (neither in the description nor in the
release notes), so I can't work around the missing links (other than
putting them on the homepage which would make a.sl.o not the central
place to find out about activities).

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/