[Sugar-devel] [Dextrose] Question about upgrading from 802 to Dextrose

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 19:52:54 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>wrote:

> [...]

Thanks a lot for these instructions.

> > > Of course, we did this only for specific laptops where the user wanted
> > > to preserve information. Many users were perfectly  with erasing their
> > > journal completely. Some kids asked to save only one or two files.
> > >
> > > If you have a schoolserver, then you should already have daily backups
> > > even with 802. You're just missing a restore function.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

If I remember correctly I had set up XS 0.5 at the school, how would I find
out whether the backups were made and if so how do I restore them to the XOs
after I install Dextrose on them?

Thanks again for all your help,
Christoph

--