[Sugar-devel] Feedback about ticket #10122

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 13 11:20:33 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin
Thanks for review.
I don't know if you have time now, but I can devote a few hours to Distance.
I understand your concern about the volume change.

"Maybe the right answer is to print some warning text if the system volume
is too low. I think a better patch would probably show the user the
amplitude of the last received signal and the noise floor. This is easy to
measure, but I'm not sure how to display it in the GUI."

If you can tell me how detect the volume from the signal it's not enough to
make a measurement, i can try to work in the interface work.
Do you dislike the semaphore idea?
May be use icons?

What you think about saving in the journal?

Regards

Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo Odiard