[Sugar-devel] xo colors & gradients

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 11 09:24:47 EDT 2010

Hi Erik,

On 11 Sep 2010, at 03:48, Erik Blankinship wrote:

> Of course special cases like icons with alpha gradients may well be measurably helped by such optimisations, but are not part of the core Sugar style guidelines,
>
> Are there more guidelines than this?
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Sugar_Interface/Icons#Icon_Design_Guidelines

That's the main text description, yes. There's also this text snippet from elsewhere in the HIG:

    "In keeping with the simple, flat visual style of the Sugar interface..."

The flat fill/stroke is a core part of Sugar's visual identity, though I think the main bulk of documentation about this is the visual artworks as designed for Sugar. I try to treat them (icons/buttons/widgets) as a style sheet when working on new toolbar buttons and activity icons. Perhaps we should put together a more formal page of icons/buttons?

Regards,
--Gary