[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Members shown in Journal for shared activity

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:08:41 EDT 2010

Hi Simon,

On 8 Sep 2010, at 10:15, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the following is true on 0.84 (untested so far on master, reports welcome):
>
> Machine A: Share an activity
> Machine B: Join
> Machine C: Join
> Machine C: leaves -> Buddy A and B listed as members in Journal entry on
> machine C
> Machine B: leaves -> Buddy A listed as member in Journal entry on machine B
> Machine A: closes -> No Buddy listed as a member of the Journal entry on
> machine A
>
> I would believe that the list of members should be constructed of all
> the buddies that were in the activity and not of the ones that were in
> the activity the moment you leave it.
>
> What do others think?

+1, that makes more sense, if it's possible... What would be the behaviour when this activity is later resumed by one of the original participants (the others are not present), and machine D joins? Does D see the full past membership as ABCD? Is the view of past participants grown through direct observation, or is the list of participants shared along with other metadata?

Regards,
--Gary