[Sugar-devel] #2295 UNSP: Sugar 0.88 [Dextrose] not reporting all favourite connections to NetworkManager at startup

Franco Miceli fmiceli at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Wed Sep 8 07:42:04 EDT 2010

For what I've been able to see load_wifi_connections collects all wifi
connections from /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/connections.cfg. This function
gets called by load_connections who gets called by get_settings.

I think that the class NMSettings is where sugar communicates this to NM,
but I don't seem to find a "main loop" that I can follow in order to
determine what happens when the process starts for the first time.

Could it  be that this first "connection culling" is not provided by Sugar,
but in fact by other entity?

Sorry that I can't be of much help, but I'm very new to python and am still
trying to understand some of the basics.

Please tell me what I can do to help in solving this, since I've made
changes in the autoconnection feature for the XO in NM, and in order to get
the algorithms working well I need to get reliable data of the favourite
connections. So I'm very interested in getting this solved.

Thanks for everything.

Cheers

--
Ing. Franco Miceli
CITS - Plan Ceibal - Investigación & Desarrollo