[Sugar-devel] Introspection packages (was: Re: Patch review request for ticket #2290)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Tue Sep 7 11:32:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 17:13, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Tomeu Vizoso's message of Tue Sep 07 15:30:53 +0200 2010:
>
>> Sorry for not being clear, what I meant is that GNOME Shell is stated
>> for inclusion in GNOME 2.34 and that it's going to require a fairly
>> updated stack, including introspection. I expect major distros that
>> have a time-based release cycle to follow suit.
>
> [...]
>
>> I expect packages to be updated very often because of new feature and
>> bugfix development until GNOME 2.34 is out.
>
> That might be the case for Fedora, but not necessarily for Debian and
> Ubuntu, which were the ones I worried about and where we might need
> someone to maintain bleeding edge packages for.

Well, Ubuntu wants to ship GNOME Shell in Maverick already, so they
are going to need some introspection, actually something newer than
the last release, by what I read in #introspection.

Also, Ubuntu didn't aimed for Gtk 3.x for Maverick because of time
constraints but it's quite probably they will for Maverick+1 and there
won't be static bindings for Gtk 3.x.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Regards,

Tomeu