[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Home button in Browse

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Sep 7 00:21:06 EDT 2010

>> Go-home would be the button I press most often, to counteract
auto-resuming.

> FWIW you can hold <Alt> while clicking on the activity to start a new
> instance instead of resuming the most recent one.

Neat/thanks.

Where is that documented?  What else have I missed?

It didn't work for me.  Is that a recent change?  I'm running os852 which has
Sugar 0.84.16.

I get the last instance of Browse that I had saved, the same thing I get
without the Alt key down.  But if I wait a few seconds with the cursor over
the globe, it first gives me a pop-up with "Browse" and the name of the most
recent instance, and after a few more seconds, it gives me a bigger popup
showing all the saved names and a slot at the bottom saying "Start".

Is there a way to get out of Browse without saving anything?  Auto-save saves
the the current URL on top of the old name.  That gets me out quickly, but if
I've clicked around like I normally do, that probably breaks the name/URL
binding I had setup.