[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Home button in Browse

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org
Mon Sep 6 15:10:42 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Simon Schampijer's message of Mon Sep 06 18:24:44 +0200 2010:

> >> Actually I'm surprised it isn't already in Browse. We could add a new
> >> Palette (with some "location" / URI related icon) containing reload and
> >> go-home. Both are used rarely enough that we don't need them in the
> >> main toolbar.
>
> Hmm not sure one could group them like that, I think I would prefer one
> icon each.

Why not? Reloading the current location (URL) and going to the home
location (URL) are definitely related. I would even consider moving the
bookmark function in there, but expected it to be used often enough to
warrant some dominant place. Same rationale for the go-backward button.
go-forward should stay only for consistency.

Adding yet another top-level button for go-home would clutter things
too much IMO.

We should expose our keyboard accelerators in the palettes, but that's
an orthogonal issue as web browsing is usually done with a pointing
device. It's faster for the user to click some button than to switch
to the keyboard and back.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/